Links of Interest for Dupuytren Contracture
Website links to learn more about Dupuytren Contracture
Here is a list of Dupuytren resources for your education and convenience.
If you would like to link back to us or exchange links, click here.
Dupuytren Contracture Discussion Forums and Resources
1. International Dupuytren Society
Medically-centered forum for Dupuytren’s and Ledderhose disease that intends to improve communication between people suffering from Dupuytren’s and related diseases by communicating individual experience to help others to handle their disease better.
2. Dupuytren Foundation
The Dupuytren Foundation is a U.S.-based organization with a simple mission statement: “to promote research, education and global collaboration to find a cure for Dupuytren’s disease.”
3. BioSpecifics Form for Dupuytren Contracture
This is a forum devoted to the exploration and use of drug therapy for Dupuytren contracture.
4. Dupuytren’s Contracture Support Group
A medically controlled (MD Junction) website that says it is a community of patients, family members and friends dedicated to dealing with Dupuytren’s Contracture, together.
5. Plastic Surgery Forum for Dupuytren Contracture
A plastic surgery group answers questions about hand cosmetic surgery related to Dupuytren contracture.
6. The Hand Center
The Hand Center provides state of the art medical and surgical treatment for problems involving the upper extremity, including Dupuytren disease, located in Jupiter, Florida.
Hand Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
1. American Society for Surgery of the Hand
This website states it is the most comprehensive online resource for information about surgery for the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. Hosted and written by the largest and oldest organization dedicated to the care of the hand and upper extremity.
2. Journal of Hand Surgery
Publishes original, peer-reviewed articles related to the diseases and conditions of the upper extremity.
3. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Illustrated peer-reviewed articles focus on orthopedic clinical diagnosis and management. Special features in each issue provide commentary on developments in pharmacotherapeutics, materials and techniques, and computer application.
4. Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery
Surgical journal judged by the quality and relevance of the work, not by the country of origin, the reputation of the author, or the fame of the department. Their aim is to publish the best material available from anywhere in the world.
5. The Journal of Musculoskeletal and Neuronal Interactions
An academic journal dealing with pathophysiology and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Its purpose is to publish original, peer-reviewed papers of research and clinical experience in all areas of the musculoskeletal system and its interactions with the nervous system, especially metabolic bone diseases, with particular emphasis on osteoporosis.
6. American Association for Hand Surgery
Their mission is to foster and promote the highest quality of hand care through sponsorship of educational programs related to the hand and the upper extremity, through communications with health care professionals and the public, and research.
7. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
The goal of this journal is to inform readers about significant developments in all areas related to reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
8. American Society of Hand Therapists
This is a professional organization comprised of licensed occupational and physical therapists who specialize in the treatment and rehabilitation of the upper extremity (hands, shoulders, arms, and elbows).
9. American Society of Plastic Surgeons
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world.
10. The Belgian Hand Group
This is a scientific organization to study the hand; its function, pathology and the treatment of injuries and diseases.
1. The New England Journal of Medicine Highly regarded health authority publication worldwide discusses broad health topics with frequent discussion of erectile dysfunction
2. The Lancet Widely read and prestigious medicine and health authority presents wide range of publication worldwide discusses interesting medical and health-related topics for the interested professional and layperson, with frequent discussion of erectile dysfunction
3. The Journal of the American Medical Association
The leading medical journal in the world.
Hand and Finger Exercises
1. Hand Health Unlimited
Hand Health is the fitness site for your hands. HandHealth is the Fitness Site for Your Hands! Improvement, prevention, & rehabilitation for healthier hands.
2. Hand Health Resources
Find information on injuries and injury prevention, ergonomics, exercise and personal wellness that you can implement immediately and at no cost.
3. Hand Pain Discussion
A discussion blog written by a certified hand therapist for people with repetitive strain injuries of the hand. Contains solutions for prevention and recovery, such as ergonomics, exercise, therapy with a whole body approach to the problems.
Health, Body, & Wellness Resources
1. Alternative Medicine Angel
Non-profit site offering Alternative Medicine educational information and research on various health topics, lists of Alternative Medicine physicians, newsletter and book reviews, a non-proprietary product guide and links to high quality sites.
Health resources and rankings of the best health information resources on the web.
3. The Anti-Aging Revolution
The Authority in Anti-Aging Medicine. We provide news, articles, glossaries, books, directories and more. 100% Anti-Aging Medical Focus. Learn anti-aging medical secrets that will allow you to live longer and healthier.
4. Pharmaceutical companies
Pharmaceutical databases online, over 100,000 approved prescription drugs, OTC drugs and health products. Include medications, nutrition, supplements, veterinary products, pet meds, cosmetics, drugs active ingredients, pharmaceutical companies.
5. Drug Information – Drugwatch.com features up to date information on the drug side effects of prescription and over-the-counter medications. Accutane side effects and Yaz side effects are the most recent drug alerts.
6. Lab Equipments, Scientific Instruments, Laboratory Equipments – Biotechnologies inc, manufacturer, exporter, laboratory bioreactor, laboratory autoclave, laboratory oven, India, laboratory pcr
7. STD Testing – Most reliable, accurate and private STD testing. Medlabusa is a physician owned, std testing site that allows people the opportunity to order variety of online laboratory testing without a prescription at a discount price.
The world of online nursing, featuring in-depth holistic nursing concepts. Very user friendly and helpful.
9. Vitamins & Nutritional Supplements for Your Health – Mitamins
Find Authoritative Health Information on Vitamins & Nutritional Supplements Find Custom Vitamins & Nutritional Supplements for all Your Health Needs.
10. Drug Rehab Alcohol Rehab Alternative To Treatment Center Programs
The Saint Jude retreat house is a social/educational program providing a permanent solution for drug and alcohol abuse. We currently hold the highest verified success rate in the country. Also we are America’s # 1 non-12-step based program.
11. Health Care Center
Our mission is to provide you with the most accurate and up to date information available regarding diseases and conditions, diet and exercise, women’s health, men’s health, child health, senior health, mental health, and alternative health.
12. Natural Stress, Depression, Anxiety Relief
Natural relief from stress, depression and anxiety, quickly and permanently.
13. Cool Nurse
Upbeat website, slanted to a young audience, offering a wide range of medical information presented in easy to understand terms. Most topics covered, including PD, concern sexuality, reproduction and wide range of physical and mental health issues.
14. Cure Zone
This is the 2nd largest natural health website and directory of Alternative Medicine services on the internet. “Educating, not medicating”.
15. Weight Loss Research Center
The Weight Loss Research Center is where you can read Independent Information and see consumer ratings on weight loss plans.
16. Your Fastest Way To Permanent Weight Loss
Superb Program For Fast Permanent Weight Loss. Lose 14 Pounds In Your First Week, Then Eat Your Way Slim.
17. Healthcare Reviews
Free physician ratings, hospital ratings, rate a dentist, chiropractic doctor reviews. Judge and comment on your healthcare, easy to use forms, search other ratings.
18. Best Weight Loss Program
Your fastest way to permanent weight loss. Lose 14 pounds in one week.
19. Alkaline Food
Alkaline food resources for healthy living. Recipes, juicers, wheatgrass, etc., all at the lowest prices.
Holistic Health Directory with searchable listings of medical and holistic – health resources, information and Alternative Medicine practitioners.
Miscellaneous Health Issues
1. Peyronie’s Disease Institute
Largest Alternative Medicine website devoted to Peyronies treatment; 14 researched therapies, videos, pictures of Peyronies disease, two landmark books: “Peyronie’s Disease Handbook,” and “Peyronie’s Disease and Sex.”